Mitsubishi Motors Corporation ("MMC", we or us) recognizes the importance of personal information managed and used in its business activities, and will deal with it properly by establishing the policy on the protection of personal information.
- MMC will acquire personal information in an appropriate manner. Furthermore, MMC will notify and announce the purpose for using personal information unless otherwise specified by laws, and will use it within the scope of such purpose.
- MMC will not provide personal information to any third party without obtaining a prior written consent unless otherwise provided for in the laws and regulations.
- MMC will endeavor to keep such personal information accurate and up-to-date.
- MMC will establish rules and management systems for proper handling and protection of personal information and will furnish its employees and contractors with necessary guidance and supervision.
- MMC will take necessary and appropriate measures to maintain the security of personal information in order to prevent unauthorized access, leakage, falsification or loss of such personal information.
- MMC will check the handling of the personal information regularly and always make every effort for continuous improvement.
- MMC will establish procedures for disclosure, correction and so forth. MMC will accept your inquiry and complaint about handling of personal information and endeavor to realize smooth processing.
- MMC will comply with Japanese laws, ordinances, other applicable regulations.
Established on April 1, 2005
Amended on June 1,2017
MITSUBISHI MOTORS CORPORATION
Handling of Personal Information
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation ("MMC", "we" or "us") may handle personal information of customers and relevant persons (collectively, "Customers" or "you") through our business activities. The term "personal information" shall include personal information as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan, as well as information covered by equivalent concepts under other data protection laws and regulations applicable to us.
The handling of Customers' personal information at MMC shall be published as follows:
1. About Us
Our corporate name: MITSUBISHI MOTORSCORPORATION
Please see https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/company/profile/index.html for our address and name of representative.
2. Acquisition of Personal Information
We may acquire personal information, such as contact information including your name, address, and telephone number, and information relating to your requests, inquiries, and transactions, directly from you by way of requests and inquiries received from you. We may also acquire personal information such as contact information including your name, address, and telephone number, and information relating to your requests, inquiries, and transactions, indirectly from MMC dealers and MMC-affiliated companies, based on the purpose of use announced or notified to you by MMC dealers and MMC-affiliated companies, your consent, laws and regulations, and/or administrative circular notices and/or guidance, etc. In either case, we will acquire personal information in a lawful and fair manner.
Please acknowledge in advance that when receiving your requests or inquiries, MMC Customer Response Center will make a recording of them to ensure an accurate response, and uses caller display services for after-call follow-ups.
3. Utilization Purpose of Personal Information
MMC will not use Customers' personal information for any purpose other than the following purposes:
- To promote our products and services;
- To provide estimates of brand-new cars or secondhand cars;
- To guide various application methods and admission procedures and to process associated contracts;
- To guide and implement procedures covering purchase of our products and after-sales services;
- To process Customer's applications and inquiries and to send our replies;
- To contact Customers in connection with campaigns or to send Customers products and so forth;
- To conduct Customer Satisfaction Survey;
- To create statistical data for product development and service improvement of MMC, our dealers and affiliated companies;
- To contact with business partners and implement business processes;
- To identify our shareholders, to allow our shareholders to perform their rights and to perform obligations to our shareholders;
- To fulfill our obligations required by laws and ordinances, administrative guidance or instruction and so forth; or
- To otherwise use personal information for the purpose clearly specified to Customers when MMC acquires it or for the purpose to which Customers provide consent after our acquisition of personal information.
4. Basis for Lawfulness
In some countries or regions, a certain basis for lawfulness may be required to handle personal information. If the basis for lawfulness is required to handle personal information, we will handle Customers' personal information based on the following bases for lawfulness.
- Contracts: If it is necessary to handle Customers' personal information in order to perform contracts concluded between Customers and us, or in response to requests from Customers, etc. before the conclusion of contracts.
- Legitimate interests: If handling Customers' personal information is necessary for the legitimate interests required by us or any third party (e.g., responding to inquiries), and your interests and fundamental rights do not supersede the above interests. Further details of legitimate interests may be confirmed by contacting the contact point stated in 12. below.
- Consent: If you consent to our handling of personal information. Withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of handling conducted based on consent before withdrawal.
- Legal obligations: If handling of Customers' personal information is obligated by laws applicable to us.
- Vital Interests: If handling of Customers' personal information is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of Customers or other individuals.
In some countries or regions, a special basis for lawfulness may be required to handle sensitive personal information such as health-related information. If a special basis for lawfulness is required to handle sensitive personal information, we will handle your sensitive personal information based on such special basis for lawfulness.
5. Provision of Personal Information
We may provide Customers' personal information to the following recipients:
- Our employees;
- Our group companies;
- MMC dealers and our affiliated companies;
- Contractors (IT service providers, transportation operators, etc.);
- Public institutions (when personal information is provided based on laws and regulations or legitimate demands from public institutions); and
- Any third party who succeeds to all or part of our businesses.
We will provide Customers' personal information to recipients only as permitted by applicable data protection laws and regulations, and only to the extent necessary for the purposes therefor.
6. Cross-Border Transfer of Personal Information
We may transfer your personal information to a third party outside your country of residence. If we transfer personal information to any third party outside your country of residence, we will ensure the following:
- The country or region to which personal information will be transferred ensures a sufficient level of protection with respect to the rights and freedoms that you have regarding your personal information in your country of residence.
- The recipient has concluded with MMC a data transfer contract required by data protection laws and regulations of your country of residence; or
- We have implemented other measures required by data protection laws and regulations in your country of residence.
You may confirm further details on the protection granted in the case of a transfer of personal information outside the country of your residence, by contacting the contact point in 12. below.
7. Matters Regarding Joint Use
We will jointly use Customers' personal information as follows:
Items of personal information to be jointly used:
Contact information such as name, date of birth, address and telephone number, information relating to the requests, inquiries and transactions of Customers, and web access history, etc.
Scope of persons for joint use:
Our group companies (those stated in the Appendix[277KB])
Purposes for joint use:
Purposes stated in 3. above.
Person responsible for joint use:
MMC (please see 1. above for our address and name of representative)
8. Matters Concerning Security Control Measures
In addition to establishing internal rules such as personal information protection rules, we implement measures necessary and appropriate for the prevention of leakage, loss or damage of personal information handled, or other security control of personal information such as conducting:
- regular self-inspections of the status of the handling of personal information;
- regular training of employees relating to the handling of personal information;
- prevention of theft or loss of equipment for handling personal information;
- restriction on the means of taking out personal information;
- appropriate disposal and access control of equipment in which personal information is recorded; and
- prevention of unauthorized access from outside, and protection from unauthorized software.
In addition, we conduct appropriate supervision of contractors and employees handling personal information. When handling personal information in foreign countries, we take appropriate security control measures after understanding the legislation relating to the protection of personal information in relevant foreign countries.
Please inquire with the contact point stated in 12. below for the details of security control measures we have implemented.
9. Retention Period of Personal Information
We shall retain the collected personal information for the period necessary for the handling of such personal information. However, this shall not apply where it is required by laws and regulations to maintain personal information for a longer period; in such a case, such personal information shall be retained for such period as required by laws and regulations.
10. Customers' Rights
Customers have multiple legal rights to personal information held by us. These rights may vary depending on your location and applicable data protection laws and regulations, but typically include the following:
- The right to obtain information relating to the handling of Customers’ personal information and to access Customers' personal information held by us;
- The right to demand correction of any inaccuracy or incompleteness in Customers' personal information;
- The right to demand erasure of Customers' personal information in certain circumstances;
- The right to demand restrictions on the handling of Customers' personal information in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of Customers' personal information;
- The right to receive Customers' personal information and/or to demand us to transmit such personal information to the recipient to the extent technically practicable; and
- The right to withdraw your consent relating to the handling of Customers' personal information at any time (however, we may continue to handle personal information if we are able to rely on another basis for lawfulness).
If you wish to exercise Customers' legal rights, please inquire with the contact point stated in 12. below. If Customers consider Customers' rights to be infringed by us, Customers may file a complaint with the competent data protection authorities.
11. Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Similar Technologies
You can set your web browser to disable cookie functions. However, please note that the service may not work properly if cookie functions are disabled.
12. Contact Point
MMC Customer Response Center
Toll-Free Phone Number: 0120-324-860 (domestic calls only)
Available Weekdays: 9:00-17:00
Saturdays and Sundays, MMC holidays: 9:00-12:00,13:00-17:00
You can contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) by email (English) if you wish to do so.
In the meantime, please call directly the following contact point, if you have any inquiry about information on shareholders' list.
Stock Transfer Agent: Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation Transfer Agent Department
Toll-Free Telephone Number: 0120-232-711 (domestic calls only)
Available Weekdays: 9:00-17:00