Mitsubishi Motors Corporation ("MMC", we or us) recognizes the importance of personal information managed and used in its business activities, and will deal with it properly by establishing the policy on the protection of personal information.
- MMC will acquire personal information in an appropriate manner. Furthermore, MMC will notify and announce the purpose for using personal information unless otherwise specified by laws, and will use it within the scope of such purpose.
- MMC will not provide personal information to any third party without obtaining a prior written consent unless otherwise provided for in the laws and regulations.
- MMC will endeavor to keep such personal information accurate and up-to-date.
- MMC will establish rules and management systems for proper handling and protection of personal information and will furnish its employees and contractors with necessary guidance and supervision.
- MMC will take necessary and appropriate measures to maintain the security of personal information in order to prevent unauthorized access, leakage, falsification or loss of such personal information.
- MMC will check the handling of the personal information regularly and always make every effort for continuous improvement.
- MMC will establish procedures for disclosure, correction and so forth. MMC will accept your inquiry and complaint about handling of personal information and endeavor to realize smooth processing.
- MMC will comply with Japanese laws, ordinances, other applicable regulations.
Established on April 1, 2005
Amended on June 1,2017
MITSUBISHI MOTORS CORPORATION
Handling of Personal Information
MMC will acquire personal information through its business activities from customers and party involved (collectively "Customers").
The handling method of personal information of Customers by MMC, is as follows:
1. Acquisition of Personal Information
MMC will acquire personal information directly from Customers. In addition, MMC will acquire personal information based on the utilization purpose of personal information which is informed of or announced to Customers by our dealers or affiliated companies, or consent of Customers, laws and ordinances or administrative instructions or advice and so forth. MMC will acquire personal information in a legitimate and clean manner. Meantime, please note that our conversation with Customers in responding to Customer's offers and inquiries will be recorded in order to keep our services at high level and that calling number display will be used in order for MMC to contact Customers when necessary.
2. Utilization Purpose of Personal Information
MMC will not use Customer's personal information for any purpose other than the following business purposes:
- To promote our products and services;
- To provide estimate of a brand-new car or secondhand car;
- To guide various applications and admission and to implement contractual procedures;
- To guide and implement procedures covering purchase of our products and after-sales services;
- To respond to Customer's application and inquiries and notification of our replies;
- To contact Customers in connection with campaigns or to send Customers products and so forth;
- To conduct Customer Satisfaction Survey;
- To create statistical information for product development and service improvement of MMC, our dealers and affiliated companies;
- To identify our shareholders, to allow our shareholders to perform their rights and to perform obligations to its shareholders;
- To provide the following items of personal information in writing or electronic media, or by telephone or oral to our dealers and affiliated companies. However, MMC will suspend provision of the personal information upon each Customer's request.
Names, birth dates, contact information such as addresses and telephone numbers or information on Customers' application, inquiries or transaction.
- To respond in accordance with laws and ordinances, administrative guidance or instruction and so forth;
- To use personal information for the purpose clearly specified to Customer when MMC acquires it or for the purpose to which Customer consents after our acquisition of the personal information.
3. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
MMC will not provide the personal information of any Customer to any third party except the following cases 1 through 3. When MMC provides personal information to a third party in any of the following cases, MMC will take necessary measures in accordance with applicable laws and ordinances.
- In case MMC obtains Customers' approval;
- In case of the above Section 2-10 and 2-11;
- In case MMC delegates the work of handling personal information such as information processing, printing, dispatching, transportation, storage, various guidance, paper work and other operations to a relevant consignee. In this case, however, we ask the delegatee to handle personal information adequately and supervise it properly.
4. Contact for Personal Information
If Customer requests to confirm or correct his or her own personal information by a designated form, we will disclose such personal information then kept by us to Customer. Please call our Contact Point below for information on how to get our designated form such as a written request for disclosure of personal information.
5. Contact Point
MMC Customer Response Center
Toll-free phone number 0120-324-860(Domestic only)
Available Weekdays 9:00.-17:00
Saturday and Sunday 9:00-12:00,13:00～17:00
In the meantime, please call directly the following contact point, if you have any inquiry about information on shareholders' list.
Stock transfer agent Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation Transfer Agent Department
Toll-free telephone number 0120-232-711(Domestic only)
Available Weekdays 9:00～17:00