Mitsubishi Motors Corporation ("MMC", we or us) recognizes the importance of personal information managed and used in its business activities, and will deal with it properly by establishing the policy on the protection of personal information.
- MMC will acquire personal information in an appropriate manner. Furthermore, MMC will notify and announce the purpose for using personal information unless otherwise specified by laws, and will use it within the scope of such purpose.
- MMC will not provide personal information to any third party without obtaining a prior written consent unless otherwise provided for in the laws and regulations.
- MMC will endeavor to keep such personal information accurate and up-to-date.
- MMC will establish rules and management systems for proper handling and protection of personal information and will furnish its employees and contractors with necessary guidance and supervision.
- MMC will take necessary and appropriate measures to maintain the security of personal information in order to prevent unauthorized access, leakage, falsification or loss of such personal information.
- MMC will check the handling of the personal information regularly and always make every effort for continuous improvement.
- MMC will establish procedures for disclosure, correction and so forth. MMC will accept your inquiry and complaint about handling of personal information and endeavor to realize smooth processing.
- MMC will comply with Japanese laws, ordinances, other applicable regulations.
Established on April 1, 2005
Amended on June 1,2017
MITSUBISHI MOTORS CORPORATION
Handling of Personal Information
MMC will acquire personal information through its business activities from customers and party involved (collectively "Customers").
The handling method of personal information of Customers by MMC, is as follows:
1. Acquisition of Personal Information
MMC will acquire personal information directly from Customers. In addition, MMC will acquire personal information based on the utilization purpose of personal information which is informed of or announced to Customers by our dealers or affiliated companies, or consent of Customers, laws and ordinances or administrative instructions or advice and so forth. MMC will acquire personal information in a legitimate and clean manner. Meantime, please note that our conversation with Customers in responding to Customer's offers and inquiries will be recorded in order to keep our services at high level and that calling number display will be used in order for MMC to contact Customers when necessary.
2. Utilization Purpose of Personal Information
MMC will not use Customer's personal information for any purpose other than the following business purposes:
- To promote our products and services;
- To provide estimate of a brand-new car or secondhand car;
- To guide various applications and admission and to implement contractual procedures;
- To guide and implement procedures covering purchase of our products and after-sales services;
- To respond to Customer's application and inquiries and notification of our replies;
- To contact Customers in connection with campaigns or to send Customers products and so forth;
- To conduct Customer Satisfaction Survey;
- To create statistical information for product development and service improvement of MMC, our dealers and affiliated companies;
- To identify our shareholders, to allow our shareholders to perform their rights and to perform obligations to its shareholders;
- To provide the following items of personal information in writing or electronic media, or by telephone or oral to our dealers and affiliated companies. However, MMC will suspend provision of the personal information upon each Customer's request.
Names, birth dates, contact information such as addresses and telephone numbers or information on Customers' application, inquiries or transaction.
- To respond in accordance with laws and ordinances, administrative guidance or instruction and so forth;
- To use personal information for the purpose clearly specified to Customer when MMC acquires it or for the purpose to which Customer consents after our acquisition of the personal information.
3. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
MMC will not provide the personal information of any Customer to any third party except the following cases 1 through 3. When MMC provides personal information to a third party in any of the following cases, MMC will take necessary measures in accordance with applicable laws and ordinances.
- In case MMC obtains Customers' approval;
- In case of the above Section 2-10 and 2-11;
- In case MMC delegates the work of handling personal information such as information processing, printing, dispatching, transportation, storage, various guidance, paper work and other operations to a relevant consignee. In this case, however, we ask the delegatee to handle personal information adequately and supervise it properly.
4. Contact for Personal Information
If Customer requests to confirm or correct his or her own personal information by a designated form, we will disclose such personal information then kept by us to Customer. Please call our Contact Point below for information on how to get our designated form such as a written request for disclosure of personal information.
5. Contact Point
MMC Customer Response Center
Toll-free phone number 0120-324-860(Domestic only)
Available Weekdays 9:00-17:00
Saturday and Sunday 9:00-12:00,13:00-17:00
In the meantime, please call directly the following contact point, if you have any inquiry about information on shareholders' list.
Stock transfer agent Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation Transfer Agent Department
Toll-free telephone number 0120-232-711(Domestic only)
Available Weekdays 9:00-17:00
EU Personal data protection policy
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (hereafter "MMC", we or us) and MMC group including affiliated companies recognize the importance of EU personal data managed and used in its business activities in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation, and will deal with it properly by establishing the policy on the protection of EU personal data.
- Utilization Purpose of EU Personal Data
MMC will not use EU personal data which are acquired from customers, business partners, or our employees etc. (hereinafter referred to as "customers etc.") for any purposes other than the following business purposes:
① To promote our products and services;
② To provide estimates of brand-new cars or secondhand cars
③ To guide various application methods and admission procedures and to process associated contracts;
④ To guide and implement procedures covering purchase of our products and after-sales services;
⑤ To process Customer's applications and inquiries and to send our replies;
⑥ To contact Customers in connection with campaigns or to send Customers products and so forth;
⑦ To conduct Customer Satisfaction Survey;
⑧ To create statistical data for product development and service improvement of MMC, our dealers and affiliated companies;
⑨ To contact with business partners and implement business processes
⑩ To identify our shareholders, to allow our shareholders to perform their rights and to perform obligations to its shareholders;
⑪ To fulfill our obligations required by laws and ordinances, administrative guidance or instruction and so forth;
⑫ To use EU personal data for the purpose clearly specified to Customers when MMC acquires them or for the purpose to which Customers provide consent after our acquisition of the EU personal data.
However, we may use the EU personal data of Customers and other data subjects beyond the scope of the purposes announced or published in advance when it is required by law.
Processing EU personal data is essential to fulfill contractual obligations. If you cannot provide us with your EU personal data as a result of your judgment, provision of services to you and others concerned may be interfered and could negatively affect our services to you.
- Conditions of processing EU Personal Data
① We use EU personal data only if we acquired consent from Customers and so forth or in any of the following cases;
② When the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the Customer as the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract
③ When the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which MMC is subject. (e.g. to follow information disclosure instructions from government agencies based on laws)
④ When the processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the Customer or of another natural person.
⑤ When it is considered appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take measures against illegal or suspicious acts.
- Processing of Special Categories of EU Personal Data
In order to perform the procedures regarding our service delivery, we acquire, use, and transfer the special categories of EU personal data (e.g. health conditions, physical features etc.) of our Customers and other data subjects only in the scope of defined purposes, and we will acquire consent to the processing purposes from the data subjects in advance. The EU personal data will not be processed except for the purposes mentioned above.
- International Transfer of EU Personal Data
MMC including MMC group companies and outsourcing companies store EU personal data in server computers located in Japan and each country. Although some of the countries have not been given the adequacy decision by the European Commission, we will manage the EU personal data of Customers and other data subjects in an appropriate manner.
- Security Control Measures
MMC will take technical, physical, organizational, and human security control measures to maintain security in order to prevent leakage, falsification, loss or damage of EU personal data and manage EU personal data appropriately.
- Joint Use of EU Personal Data
We may use EU personal data that we hold jointly with MMC group companies for the purposes of product development, promotion such as product guidance, and contact or response to Customers and so forth.
Regarding joint use of EU personal data with MMC group companies, we will clearly define the scope of responsibility for processing the personal data and the contact to receive inquiries from Customers.
The jointly used EU personal data are as below;
Name, date of birth, address, phone number, information related to Customer's offer, inquiry and transaction, and web access history etc.
For the companies which jointly use the personal data, please refer to the link below.
We will stop providing your information to the companies based on your request.
Companies jointly use personal data[137KB]
- Transfer of EU Personal Data
We will transfer EU personal data to group companies and outsourcing companies that are subject to our outsourcing contracts within the scope of necessary service delivery.
In addition, we will request the outsourcing companies for appropriate processing and management of EU personal data transferred.
- Storage, Deletion and Disposal of EU Personal Data
We appropriately delete or dispose EU personal data of Customers and other data subjects after the expiration of the retention period specified in law or business processes.
- Customers Rights
Customers and other data subjects have the following rights regarding EU personal data
① Right to know relevant information of the processing of the Customer's or other data subject's own EU personal data.
② Right to correct the inaccurate EU personal data concerning him or her without undue delay
③ Right to eliminate EU personal data concerning him or her without undue delay
④ Right to restrict the processing of EU personal data concerning him or her
⑤ Right to receive EU personal data in a general computer-readable format and to transit the management of EU personal data to other organizations without being impeded
⑥ Right to oppose the processing of EU personal data that are used for public interest, interest of MMC or third parties and direct marketing.
⑦ Right not to receive evaluation or decision that have a serious impact including legal effects on individuals, caused by automatic processing, such as profiling.
* We do not have profiling process
If you are dissatisfied with our processing of EU personal data, you can file a complaint to the Supervisory Authority of the EEA member country or to the contact window of MMC.
You have the right to withdraw the consent on EU personal data protection at any time. It does not affect the legitimacy of processing and transfer of EU personal data before the withdrawal of the consent.
- Cookies, Web beacons, and other similar technologies
We use cookie and web beacon technology to improve convenience for customers etc. and the quality of our website. Cookie is a file saved on your computer when you use a website, containing the usage history etc. transferred between the web browser and the web server. Cookie is used to improve convenience when you visits the website again. The cookies do not contain the information such as your name, address, telephone number. Information in the cookies which is collected from you is transferred from our web server to analytics tool vendors (e.g. Adobe Systems Incorporated, Google LLC) and accumulated. Analytics tool vendors are able to obtain the statistical data of the page usage (page view, dwell time) of our website from the accumulated data. You can disable cookie by changing the setting of your web browser. However, please note that the service may not work properly if cookies are disabled.
To make any inquiry, request or complaint about our privacy or data protection practices, please contact us using the following Inquiry Form.
If you would like to contact our Data Protection Officer, please send an email to our Data Protection Officer.