ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL (ACC)
Maintains a selected distance between your vehicle and the car ahead via radar to lend driving assistance and enhance driving comfort. It especially reduces driver stress during slow traffic jams on highways.
Your selected speed is maintained even if you remove your foot from the accelerator pedal.
Your selected distance between vehicles is maintained.
When the vehicle in front slows or stops, ACC slows or stops your vehicle.
- ACC indication on multi-information display
Note: The detection and control capabilities of ACC are supplemental only. Please drive safely and never rely solely on these functions while driving. ACC may not activate in some situations.
• This system may not correctly detect the actual situation depending on the type of vehicle in front and its conditions, the weather conditions, and the road conditions.
• Additionally, the system may be unable to decelerate sufficiently if the vehicle in front applies the brakes suddenly or another vehicle cuts into your path, so your vehicle approaches the front vehicle.
• When the car stops, ACC finishes its control and the brake is released approximately 2 seconds after stopping. To prevent the vehicle from moving thereafter, the driver may have to hold the brake pedal down. Please see the owner’s manual for additional information.
BLIND SPOT WARNING SYSTEM (BSW)
This safety feature uses ultrasonic sensors on the rear bumper to detect vehicles in your rear blind spots, on the right and left sides. When a vehicle is detected, a warning indicator appears on the door mirror on that side.
Note: The detection and control capabilities of the Blind Spot Warning system (BSW) are supplemental only and do not warn you of vehicles in blind spots in every situation. Please do not rely solely on this system while driving.
• The blind spot monitor may not operate normally in some cases, depending on traffi c, weather, road surface conditions and the presence of obstructions.
• Drivers are fully responsible for their own safe driving.
• The radar wave graphics are used for illustrative purposes only and do not represent the actual sensor application.
FORWARD COLLISION MITIGATION SYSTEM (FCM)
Helps prevent a frontal collision or reduce damage if the collision becomes unavoidable.
Responds to vehicles via radar.
- FCM indication on
- FCM indication on
Note: The detection and control capabilities of the Forward Collision Mitigation system (FCM) are supplemental only and do not prevent collisions in every situation. Please drive safely and do not rely solely on this system while driving. FCM may not activate in some situations. Please read the owner’s manual carefully and be aware of these limitations.
• Auto braking does not operate against stationary vehicles when the speed of your car is above approx. 30km/h.
• Since FCM has no function to maintain braking, the brake is released approximately 2 seconds after stopping. To prevent the vehicle from moving thereafter, the driver may have to hold the brake pedal down.
• In some cases, FCM may not function if the driver takes actions for accident avoidance through steering or acceleration operation.