SUPER SELECT 4WD-II (SS4-II)
- Using the drive mode selector dial, you can switch between 2WD (2H) and 4WD (4H, 4HLc) with shift-on-the-fly convenience at up to 100km/h. When the going gets rough, lock the center differential by entering the 4HLc setting for rugged terrain or the 4LLc setting for inclines, mud, sand and snow. (Models with 4D56 engine and 5M/T feature Super Select 4WD in place of Super Select 4WD-ll.) Notes: Super Select 4WD-II lets you shift between 2H, 4H and 4HLc modes at speeds up to 100km/h. Vehicle must be stopped when switching between 4HLc and 4LLc. Please see the owner’s manual for additional information.
HILL DESCENT CONTROL (HDC)
- Pressing the HDC mode selector activates HDC, which automatically applies the brakes to maintain your current speed when traveling downhill at 2 ~ 20km/h. This lets you concentrate on steering and travel downhill with greater safety without having to manually apply the brakes. Note: Hill Descent Control (HDC) is not a substitute for safe driving. Never rely solely on this function while driving on steep roads. When driving on slippery roads such as muddy, icy or unpaved road, your vehicle will not allow you to stay at a certain low speed, which may lead to a serious accident. Please see the owner’s manual for additional information.
OFF ROAD MODE
Improve traction when driving off road by entering the GRAVEL, MUD/SNOW, SAND or ROCK* setting. Simply press the OFF ROAD MODE selector until the appropriate mode appears in the multi-information display. Engine output, transmission settings and braking adjust accordingly to optimize performance.
* The ROCK setting is available in the 4LLc setting only.
Note: OFF ROAD MODE is only available in the 4HLc and 4LLc settings.
HILL START ASSIST (HSA)
- When starting on a steep slope, HSA helps prevent you from rolling backwards while you release the brake by maintaining the braking force for up to two seconds until the accelerator is applied. Note: Hill Start Assist (HSA) is not a substitute for safe driving. Never rely solely on this function while driving on steep roads. Your vehicle may move backwards if the brake pedal is heavily loaded, or if the road is very steep or slippery. This function is not designed to keep the vehicle stopped in place on uphill slopes for more than 2 seconds. Do not rely on this function to maintain a stopped position as an alternative to depressing the brake pedal. Please see the owner’s manual for additional information.
ACTIVE STABILITY & TRACTION CONTROL (ASTC)
- Active Stability & Traction Control independently regulates braking force to the wheels during cornering to help maintain excellent vehicle stability when needed. It also optimizes traction to prevent loss of torque whenever wheel spin is detected by controlling engine output and applying brake force to the spinning wheels. Note: The control capabilities of ASTC are supplemental only. Please drive safely and never rely solely on these functions while driving. Be sure to use the same specified type and size of tires on all 4 wheels. Do not install any aftermarket limited slip differential on your vehicle. Please see the owner’s manual for additional information.
CLASS-LEADING 5.6M TURNING RADIUS
- The turning radius is surprisingly small for a vehicle of this size, making it especially easy to park and maneuver.
Because challenges come in all shapes and sizes, this model is designed to climb up, over, around and through the toughest terrain.
*1 30˚ approach angle is only applicable to models without optional accessories
*2 24.6 ˚ departure angle when 265/70R16 tires are mounted