Mitsubishi Motors formulated the "Environmental Policy" that clarifies its initiatives for environmental preservation in corporate management.
Mitsubishi Motors recognizes that protection of the global environment is a priority for humankind and as such makes the following pledges:
- Taking a global perspective, we are committed to harnessing all our resources to achieve continuous reductions in the environmental impact of all our corporate activities, spanning development, procurement, production, sales, and after-sales servicing of vehicles.
- As a good corporate citizen, we are committed to take actions that protect the environment at the level of local communities and society as a whole.
- We will endeavor to protect the environment by forecasting and assessing the environmental impact of our products at all stages in their life cycle.
- Prevention of global warming by reducing emissions of greenhouse gases
- Prevention of pollution by restricting emissions of substances harmful to the environment
- Reduction of waste and maximizing efficient use of resources by promoting conservation of resources and recycling.
- We will endeavor to improve our environment management practices as part of ongoing efforts to ameliorate the impact on the environment.
- We will comply with environmental regulations and agreements, and will work to protect the environment by establishing voluntary management targets.
- We will encourage our affiliates and suppliers, both in Japan and overseas, to cooperate in working to protect the environment.
- We will actively disclose environment-related information and will seek the understanding of local communities and of society at large.