Drive your Ambition
Unveils New Brand Strategy & Tagline
“Drive your Ambition”
Brand Renewal – For the Next Century
Tokyo October 25, 2017 - The 45
th Tokyo Motor Show will showcase Mitsubishi Motors Corporation’s (MMC) renewed ambitions, expressed
through two major milestones:
- The announcement of a new Brand Strategy and first new Tagline in a decade.
- The world premiere of the MITSUBISHI e-EVOLUTION CONCEPT – the embodiment of this new strategy
- Mitsubishi Motors celebrates this year the 100th anniversary of Model-A, the first Mitsubishi car and the first Japanese car designed with series production in mind. The Model-A paved the way for Mitsubishi’s ambition to explore new automobile territories and push engineering boundaries for the 100 years to come…
- … From the pioneering 4-wheel-drive PX33 in 1936, to the start of electric mobility R&D in 1966,
- … From numerous engineering innovations (direct injection petrol engines, engine balance shafts, Super-All Wheel Control…) to endless demonstrations of ability & reliability through racing at the highest level with Pajero and Lancer Evolution;
- … From exploring unchartered territories ( Outlander PHEV in 2012) to bringing quality motoring to emerging markets ( XPANDER in 2017)
- … From 1917 to 2017 and beyond
- As part of the holistic renewal of its Brand – a first of such all-encompassing corporate endeavor for nearly two decades - MMC undertook a thorough process, looking to both its rich and unique heritage and its ambitious plan for the future, to define a strategy that emanates from the Brand’s inner essence while meeting the aspiration of its stakeholders – its ‘Drivers’ – inside the Company as well as outside.
- A clear statement of MMC’s progressive commitment to innovation and discovery with a progressive vision of a sustainable future, this renewed Brand strategy is supported by an impressive portfolio of MMC engineering firsts, a never extinguished passion for all forms of mobility - on road and off road - as well as the foresight brought by a unique pedigree going back 100 years to the first vehicle launched to the world under the Mitsubishi brand.
- All in all, the key building blocks for the ‘Ambition to Explore’ Brand strategy combine an adventurous and progressive mindset blending four essential ingredients:
- The Mitsubishi Pedigree - it’s been a visionary part of Mitsubishi’s DNA for 100 years, and is highly inspirational for employees, customers, and wider stakeholders, inside and outside the MMC world.
- The Mitsubishi stance on technology and design - resulting in inspirational design and product features, with a solid future vision for product development and sustainability.
- The Mitsubishi take on global business - ambition and exploration are key to business development in a fast-moving global economy increasingly geared towards long-term sustainable growth in a connected world.
- The Mitsubishi bond with its customers - who want to move up and drive forward and welcome a mobility brand that helps them to realise their ambitions for their family and the planet.
A Renewed Brand Strategy
- Deeply rooted in Mitsubishi’s inner essence, the “Ambition to Explore” Brand strategy finds its best expression in the vehicles its engineers and designers have developed over the years, often challenging accepted frontiers…
An Adventurous and Progressive Brand – the Product Evidence
- … When Mitsubishi Motors unveiled its pioneering Outlander PHEV at the 2012 Paris Motor Show, several observers questioned the move – a full-size 4WD Twin Motor plug-in hybrid electric SUV…
- Five years later and over 135,000 units sold in selected global markets (soon to launch in USA, and of which Europe ranks number one and where Outlander PHEV remains the best-selling plug-in hybrid SUV), the questions have been emphatically answered, as market response has vindicated MMC’s brave foresight.
- … Today, Eclipse Cross and XPANDER are about to start their global journey, with a fresh new look at what a dashing SUV Coupe and a quality SUV/MPV crossover could refresh customers’ mindsets in mature and emerging markets.
MITSUBISHI e-EVOLUTION CONCEPT
- … Tomorrow, Mitsubishi Motors’ future will take its cue from the ambitiously innovative and highly evocative MITSUBISHI e-EVOLUTION CONCEPT
- A logical development from the Mitsubishi Motors Brand strategy, ‘Drive your Ambition’ is the new tagline that describes an attitude that has been true of Mitsubishi since its first car a century ago. Mitsubishi has delivered ambitious cars to ambitious drivers for 100 years, pioneering vehicle genres with seminal products such as Pajero, Lancer Evolution and i-MiEV, while creating cutting-edge technology to deliver breakthroughs all the way to the best-selling Outlander PHEV. Mitsubishi’s drivers have explored new frontiers and conquered breathtaking terrains. From the toughest rallies to building a robust reputation in demanding emerging markets, MMC delivers vehicles that enable Drivers to move forward with full confidence. It is the first new tagline in over 10 years.
- “Drive your Ambition” is a powerful statement of MMC’s on-going commitment to the values and aspirations of its drivers.
… It clearly differentiates MMC as a customer-centric force in global mobility.
… It will inspire and engage Drivers on a deeper, more emotional level.
… It will motivate the Corporation’s inner forces to renew its Adventurous and Progressive mindset for its next centennial
With an “Ambition to Explore" Mitsubishi Motors can go anywhere.
With “Drive your Ambition” Mitsubishi Motors’ Drivers can go anywhere.
- The new global tagline is officially announced at the Tokyo Motor Show, on October 25th and then to be rolled out in all global markets from there on as part of a major overhaul of the Brand’s Marketing activities and presence around the world on all communications in coming months.